Thursday, September 27, 2007

Gerrard: My Best Form Is Just Round The Corner


Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard is confident that his best form is just around the corner after recovering from a broken toe.
Gerrard: My Best Form Is Just Round The Corner

Steven Gerrard has finally fully recovered from his toe injury and confidently states that he is on the verge of hitting the heights again.

The Liverpool captain sustained the toe injury in a Champions League qualifier in Toulouse five weeks ago.

Despite the pain he played in two crucial matches for England in their Euro 2008 qualifying campaign, and now insists he is ready to lead Liverpool's assault on the Premier League title.

"I'm feeling a lot better now," Gerrard told his club's official website, www.liverpoolfc.tv: "The last three or four days, I've been totally pain-free from my toe.

"I've struggled during the last two or three games and have been getting a lot of pain from it.

"But I've been training every session and can feel my sharpness coming back, so I think my top form is only around the corner."

On Saturday Liverpool are away to Wigan as they bid to get back to winning ways in the Premier League following successive goalless draws that have seen the Reds slip four points behind leaders Arsenal.

No comments: